Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Receive the final file
Sociologists should be able to analyze existing statistics and how they are used
GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Sociologists should be able to analyze existing statistics and how they are used in social research. This assignment will help you learn this concept. Use the following situation to answer the prompts that follow:
An African American sociology student wants to test the hypothesis that Affirmative Action has helped alleviate racial discrimination on college campuses in the United States. The student does not have access to funds to pay interviewers or to use most other methods of gathering data so the student decides to use existing statistics as his source of data.
1. Explain what information this student will need to collect in order to test the hypothesis. Provide a link to at least one source of existing statistics that would have some data that the student could use to test the hypothesis. (50-75 words)
2. Explain the difference between raw data and existing statistics. (50 words)
3. Citing 1 source about analyzing existing statistics, explain how this student should analyze the statistics that he or she finds. What variables should be compared to each other to test the hypothesis? (75-100 words)
4. Explain whether this type of research is based on interpretivist or positivist methodology. Use the definitions of the 2 types of methodology to explain why you answered the way you did. (50-75 words)
5. Citing 1 source about bias in research, explain how this student could have bias in his study. That is, what would be some of the possible sources of his bias when using existing statistics about Affirmative Action? (75-100 words)
6. GCU believes that the duty of the Christian is to strive to further the good of the culture and the society through education and the embodiment of biblical principles related to goodness and justice. How might a sociology student with the Christian worldview approach bias in research? (50-75 words)
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university, or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professionals who provide expert academic help. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders who are able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support team.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Our support agents are available 24/7 and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all sources and in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
Customer satisfaction has always been one of our basic concerns. If you don’t feel satisfied with our delivered work, you can request for a refund.
We assure you that your document will be thoroughly checked for plagiarism and grammatical errors as we use highly authentic and licit sources.
Our confidential essay writing service protects your privacy
We cherish your trust and do our best to protect you. Anything that you share with our private essay writing service is never misused as the access to your personal data is very limited. Your payment details and credit card number also fall under strict protection when you buy a custom essay online from us.
Meet Our Team
Wondering who’s working behind the scenes of our professional essay writing service? We have over 700 amazing people on our team including developers, QA engineers, designers, managers, HR specialists, marketers, essay writers, and many more. See who takes care of the orders you place.
There are 400+ essay writers from all over the world on our team who go through a 3-step hiring process. We call them super-writers because most of them have master’s degrees; therefore, they know the ins and outs of the discipline in which they specialize.
Our extra-fast and caring support assistants answer your questions 24/7 and resolve any of your troubles. Our team was even nominated for the 2019 Best Quality Management Team Award by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service.
Talk To Us
Need any help? Feel free to Send Us a Note