Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Receive the final file
1) Please describe how the market for malicious software, where cybercrime tools
GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
1) Please describe how the market for malicious software, where cybercrime tools are sold on a fee-for-service basis, affects the nature of hacking and the skills necessary to engage in cybercrime. Also, please explain how tools like ransomware exemplify why this market persists.
2) Read the following story, and answer the questions below:
A hacker going by the handle “weev” was arrested in 2011 after using an unknown flaw present in the website architecture of an AT&T website to identify email addresses of iPad users on their network. The site security was essentially misconfigured, and simple manipulation of a url led weev to be able to view sensitive customer information. No larger data breach or system intrusions were used, simply changing a site url. Additionally, he notified the media, specifically the website Gawker, to discuss the breach and findngs before contacting AT&T. As a result, the FBI opened an investigation and he was prosecuted under the computer fraud and abuse act. He was eventually sentenced to 41 months in federal prison.
Using the various readings, please explain how this hack demonstrates the norms and values of the hacker subculture, and explain what sort of hacker you believe weev to be relative to the various categories of hackers that are known. Finally, explain whether you think prosecuting weev was justified if there was no actual intrusion that occurred and there was evidence of security flaws on the part of AT&T.
3) We live in a globally connected world thanks to the Internet. There is, however, no consistent country-level standard that exists for collecting reports of cybercrime by police agencies. Please explain why this problem exists, focusing on the US specifically. What factors appear to hinder the ability of the US policing structures that limit its ability to effectively collect statistics on various forms of cybercrime? (10 points)
4) Though private industry owns and operates the majority of all Internet-related infrastructure, the government has clear role in enforcing laws that affect their operation and security. Explain why public-private partnerships are essential to help in this response, and what they are. Use specific examples from the various readings you have to support your argument. In particular, give at least two examples of specific partnerships used to handle computer hacking and malware threats.
5) Please read the following, and then answer the questions below:
Flame malware has been identified in many parts of the Middle East, which enables attackers to collect information on the users of the compromised system, including audio, screenshots, keystrokes, and even collect information on nearby Bluetooth devices. The code was initially identified by the Iranian National CERT, and AV vendors. Their analyses suggest that the software can compromise antivirus software, and act as a rootkit. The malware can spread autonomously and also receive commands from a server, ranging from adding additional software to a completely kill switch to eliminate traces of the code. The code was extremely complex, utilizing five different forms of encryption and was substantial in size. Lastly, the malware appeared to target Iranian IP addresses and sought out pdfs and industrial control design program software.
Based on this description, how would you characterize this sort of malware relative to the variations you’ve read about (e.g., virus, worms, trojans, blended threats). Be specific in your response as to why and how you think a certain description is more appropriate. Additionally, do you think this would have been created by a nation-state or non-nation state actor and why? What information or use could be achieved through this tool that would explicitly benefit a nation-state or individual actor?
6) Computer hacking is argued by some to be effectively analogous to burglary. Explain why such a parallel may be drawn, and also explicitly elaborate on why and how hacking techniques could be used to facilitate malware, and data theft.
7) Criminal actors can readily use of deception in online spaces to achieve various objectives. Give three different examples of how deceptive practices can be employed to victimize individuals online, and make sure you highlight at least one form achieved through deceptive email messaging, and another through websites or social media. Be specific in the techniques the offender can use to deceive potential victims.
8) Define and differentiate cyberdeviance from cybercrime, and also cyberterrorism. Use specific examples and citations to the various readings provided from the textbooks to support your arguments.
9) Explain the relationship that exists between vulnerabilities and exploits, how they are identified, and what role they serve in hacking and malware.
10) Based on the materials you have read thus far regarding the application of criminological theories, how well can we account for cybercrime using routine activities theory and individual-level theories like low self-control? Give specific examples to support your answers.
* I will provide access to the course materials to be used
*these are just short answer responses, not essays
*please number each response according to the way i provided the questions
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university, or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professionals who provide expert academic help. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders who are able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support team.
On Time Delivery
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Our support agents are available 24/7 and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all sources and in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
Customer satisfaction has always been one of our basic concerns. If you don’t feel satisfied with our delivered work, you can request for a refund.
We assure you that your document will be thoroughly checked for plagiarism and grammatical errors as we use highly authentic and licit sources.
Our confidential essay writing service protects your privacy
We cherish your trust and do our best to protect you. Anything that you share with our private essay writing service is never misused as the access to your personal data is very limited. Your payment details and credit card number also fall under strict protection when you buy a custom essay online from us.
Meet Our Team
Wondering who’s working behind the scenes of our professional essay writing service? We have over 700 amazing people on our team including developers, QA engineers, designers, managers, HR specialists, marketers, essay writers, and many more. See who takes care of the orders you place.
There are 400+ essay writers from all over the world on our team who go through a 3-step hiring process. We call them super-writers because most of them have master’s degrees; therefore, they know the ins and outs of the discipline in which they specialize.
Our extra-fast and caring support assistants answer your questions 24/7 and resolve any of your troubles. Our team was even nominated for the 2019 Best Quality Management Team Award by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service.
Talk To Us
Need any help? Feel free to Send Us a Note